Sometimes we all need a bit of peace. If you use your headphones every day for commuting or while in the office, you may want something that will do a good job blocking out background noises. In the past, you needed large over-ears to get good active noise cancelling (ANC), but you can now get impressive noise-cancelling even in small and portable in-ears or earbuds. With some in-ear headphones, you can still achieve great isolation without an ANC feature due to them physically blocking your ear canals. Today we will name some of the best Bluetooth headset with noise cancellation.
Apple airpods with noise cancellation
We all know about Apple AirPods, they were one of the first Bluetooth headset with noise cancellation. They have a sleek, lightweight design and feel barely noticeable in your ear when you’re wearing them. They’re also impressively well-built and very portable, thanks to their small size and compact charging case.
They have an ANC feature that does an amazing job of blocking out a range of noise, from the low rumble of bus and plane engines to office-type sounds like ambient conversation or the hum of an A/C unit. Their default sound profile is very neutral and well-balanced, making them suitable for a variety of content. They have low enough latency with iOS and Android devices for streaming video without too much audio lag. They also have an H1 chip for easy pairing with Apple devices.
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- The Wireless Charging Case delivers more than 24 hours of battery life
Sony Noise cancelling Headphones
Sony released its superb WH-1000XM3 noise-cancelling headphones in 2018, and they still frequently top lists for the best Bluetooth headset with noise cancellation you can buy.
A bigger improvement that both iPhone and Android people will appreciate is the upgraded mic performance. Sony has added what it calls “Precise Voice Pickup technology”. Related to the mics is a new feature that Sony calls Speak to Chat. If you enable this, the headphones will automatically pause anytime you start speaking. The detection works really well; the music stops even if I say one short word. If you don’t do anything, the music will return 30 seconds after speech stops. (You can just double tap on the right ear cup to resume playback quicker.)
- Cancel out the world with smart noise cancellation
- Noise cancellation automatically senses your environment with Dual Noise Sensor Technology
- Long-lasting listening with up to 35 hours of battery and quick charging
- Smartphone compatibility for hands-free calls and use with your voice assistant
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming with NFC one-touch
- Hear more detail with the 30 millimeter driver units
- Ultra-comfortable headphones design with adjustable metal sliders
Bose QuietComfort 20/QC2
These headphones have a rechargeable in-line battery to power their ANC system. It does an outstanding job of reducing background noise like the rumble of bus engines or people talking around you.
These earbuds are well-built and have a comfortable fit, so you can wear them for long listening sessions without feeling fatigued. Thanks to their stability tip design, they shouldn’t easily fall out of your ear unless their audio cable gets hooked on something and pulls them out. Their warm sound profile has extra thump, boom, and punch, making them a good choice if you’re a fan of bass-heavy audio genres.
- Compatible Devices: iPhone, iPad and iPod models
- Included Components: QuietComfort 20 headphones, Apple devices, 3 pairs StayHear tips (S, M, L), clothing clip, rechargeable lithium-ion battery (built-in), USB charging cable, carrying case
TOZO NC9 Plus Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds
These affordable Bluetooth headset with noise cancellation are well-built, stable, and have an IPX6 rating for water resistance, so they’re suitable for workouts. They have an ANC feature that does a great job blocking out rumbling bus and plane engines and ambient conversations.
They have an outward-facing microphone that detects external sounds and counters with equal anti-noise to first cancel noise. The inward-facing microphone listens inside the ear canal to pick up internal sounds and produce anti-noise again to twice cancel the left noise. With a double microphone, the noise reduction system suppresses environmental noise. A dedicated internal and two external microphones pick up your voice and isolate it from outside noise.
TOZO NC9 Plus wireless earbuds can last for over 8 hours of playtime from a single charge to 160 extra hours in the compact charging case. Providing a convenient charging way with no strings attached.
Pick up the two headsets from the charging case, and they will be paired automatically. Then simply enable bluetooth connection on your mobile phone to pair the device with your earbuds!
Anker Soundcore Life Dot 2 True Wireless.
If you prefer passive noise isolation overactive noise cancelling, check out the Anker Soundcore Life Dot 2 Truly Wireless. Since they don’t rely on active technology, their in-ear design helps to reduce noise entering your ear canal, and some users may find that they experience less ear fatigue during long listening sessions.
These headphones have a slightly bass-heavy sound profile that delivers a touch of extra thump, rumble, and boom to your mixes. They also supply over seven hours of continuous playback time and have a standby mode to help conserve battery life when not in use. However, what makes them stand out from the crowd is that their carrying case holds 12.5 additional charges, which equals under 100 hours of total battery life.
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Extreme 100-Hour Playtime: The charging case has 4× the battery capacity of other cases’—allowing you to extend the earbuds’ 8-hour playtime over and over. If you’re short of time, a 10-minute charge will provide 90 minutes of listening.
- Superior Balanced Sound: Life Dot 2 true wireless earbuds have 8mm triple-layer dynamic drivers to deliver 40% more bass and 100% more treble for rich, expertly balanced sound.
- Zero-Pressure AirWings: Our hollow AirWings have a flexible, soft silicone build that partially deflates to conform to the shape and size of your ears for a secure fit with unmatched comfort.
- One-Step Pairing: Life Dot 2 true wireless earbuds automatically connect to the last paired device when removed from the charging case thanks to our proprietary Push and Go technology.
If you’re interested in the best gadgets for digital nomads, don’t miss this post where we name the most efficient ones!