Covid-19 has undeniably changed that companies and employees do business. How can workers at all levels cope with the current uncertainty and still maintain the highest possible productivity at home?
Are you taking the right steps in project management? Read the following recommendations to find out how to plan, budget and implement projects effectively.
- Set clear goals.
- Explain the desired outcomes of the project. Establish performance criteria for the entire project and individual parts from the start.
- Appoint a project manager who can lead the project while motivating and managing the project team.
- Determine what human and other resources the project will require.
- Determine the budget for each part of the project, including personnel costs, overhead, materials and equipment.
- Determine the total duration of the project as well as total costs, but financial and personal.
- Divide large projects into smaller, manageable parts.
- Specify a time frame or deadline for each part of the project.
- Define the key path, i.e. the activities that need to be completed before others can be started and which ones can be performed simultaneously.
- Identify key risks and plan how to minimize them, solving potential problems before they arise.
- Provide reserve allocations in terms of cost and time to address identified risks and unexpected problems.
- Confirm that it is worthwhile even to begin the project, considering its costs, time requirements and risks.
- Understand that the project will not go without problems and delays.
- Monitor the progress of the project against the performance targets and adjust the plan if necessary.
- Upon completing the project, evaluate its success and what you can learn from it in the future.